Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Vlogging and VideoEgg

I've been looking into vlogging options for a while now, trying to decide the best way to go about it. I could host the video myself, but I'd rather farm that headache out to someone else. Options like Ourmedia.org supply the best licensing options, but apparently suffer from performance kinks? Google has gotten into the game, with a Terms of Service Agreement I don't fully understand, and that makes me squirm a bit when I read it. To fully understand the ramifications of Google's ToS you'd have to be a lawyer, but the way I read it, you're granting Google the right to:
  • use your video in future Google products, including syndication of your video to third party sites. (hmm...)
  • display ads with your video
  • use your name and logo and "brand features", in connection with your video, and use excerpts from your video for advertising or promotional purposes, on the Internet and in presentations, marketing materials, customer lists, financial reports and Web site listings of customers. (so, if they want to use my video in a TV ad, without paying me, they can? I'm not sure...)
At any rate, none of the above particularly compels me to include Google in my vlogging efforts. I've gotten a bit off topic, but the reason for this post was VideoEgg which is perhaps the coolest web tool for vloggers that I've seen yet. VideoEgg takes care of capture, encoding, compression, and even provides an interface for editing once you've uploaded your video! When you're done, VideoEgg outputs html for you to cut and paste onto sites like this one. Here's an example of VideoEgg output. I used a video of motion graphics I threw together recently in After Effects:


If the video does not display properly
click here to upgrade to Flash 8


Tags: | | |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home