Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Music Videos That Revisit Animation's Roots


I just watched a couple of music videos that use a photo flip book as a visual device -- a revisiting of the origin of the medium within the medium itself. Interesting and effective. I stumbled upon Sia's Breathe Me video, directed by Daniel Askill at BuzzNet (some might recognize the song from Six Feet Under's final sequence), then went looking for a legit link to Askill's video to post here. Looking for Askill's video led me to videos.antville.org which pointed me to a second video that takes this flip book thing to a new level: Olivier Gondry's (Yes, Michel's brother) Bricoleur. You can view Gondry's video here (just select "Bricoleur" on the right hand side).

I notice that www.antville.org has a music video wiki that I'll have to check out.

Tags: | | |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home